Thursday, February 23, 2017

Like Nothing Happened

Every Mom knows that with craft time comes a horrendous mess. It is important to have an arsenal of cleaning supplies to help get rid of the evidence.


The hardest part of creating crafts with my children is convincing my husband that he won't even be able to tell that a mess was made after we have finished our fun. Although a mess is made and cleaned away the memories are those that last forever.

When it comes to cleaning supplies I don't think it really maters what brand I use they all work in the same way. There are many different places to find tips and tricks to make sure the mess is destroyed. I love to use Pinterest  in order to look for new ideas and tricks in order to complete the task.


4 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed crafts with preschoolers and elementary school kids, so I was thrilled that you picked this topic. The memories we created lasted with me as well as the kids.

    One of my favorites was tracing the preschooler's silhouettes on cotton bed sheets. The kids followed up, decorating with Sharpie markers. We could have used butcher block paper, but we wanted the kids to measure themselves against those sheets for years to come when they went to bed.
    Hopefully, they could see the growth that sneaks up on them and remember all the fun we had that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that the kids absolutely loved this idea! We have a board that we measure our kids on every year. This board also has my husband and his brother on it from every year of their childhood so it is really neat to compare everyone!

      Delete
  2. I've definitely found that there are some ways to clean up certain messes more easily than others. Are there any tricks that are your favorite? I always love putting a blanket down, and just scooping it up, shaking it outside, and tossing it in the wash. I'm a bit lazy, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite thing is using newspaper underneath our mess. We lay the newspaper down and complete our project on top of it. Then after we are finished with our projects we can put the newspaper in our compost bin! I also keep a well stocked supply of baking soda. If you wet down a stain and put some baking soda on top of it, leave it sit for a couple minutes and then wipe away with a slightly damp sponge most stains are removed off a hard surface.

      Delete